FIRST YEAR COACHES:
- You will need a Locker account and NCCP #. If you do not already have an NCCP #, create your free account in the Locker.
- Register for the mandatory (free) online e-learning:
- Register for the next available Safe Contact course either through Football QC or Football ON. Please note, if registering for the course through Football ON select the “member price” as that is the one we will reimburse.**
- All U-14 tackle coaches must have Community Sport Training certification.** For details, please visit the Coaching Association of Canada website. First year coaches have a 1 year grace period, but we encourage you to take the course as soon as possible.
- Get a “vulnerable sector” police background check. You must go to the police station in the town where you live and complete the necessary paperwork. You will need a letter proving that you are a volunteer. The letter is available for download on the AFMO website. You will need to provide us with a copy once you receive it.
EXPERIENCED AFMO COACHES :
- Safe Contact training is valid for 5 years. Please take the course if it has been 5+ years since you took it last time (see above).
- Renew your vulnerable sector police check if it has been 3 years since the last one. The letter you will need can be downloaded from the AFMO website.
- All U-14 tackle coaches must have Community Sport Training certification.** For details, please visit the Coaching Association of Canada website.
- We encourage all coaches to check out the other coaching resources on the Coaching Association of Canada website.
** We reimburse all fees for coaching courses. Please send the proof of payment along with proof of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org and our treasurer will send a refund via etransfer.